Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feeling jealous

My LO has just turned 1 and I have been back to work since Oct.
We both work full time and our mums have our little girl. What i am concenred about is that she seems to prefer either of them and my husband over me. It's like i am her least favourite and last choice of who to come to for cuddles or anything.
I know she's not intentionally picking them over me but i just wonder if i'm doing something wrong or if she has clicked on that i am leaving her all day.
I feel like whenever i see her i'm the one to discipline her and tell her no if she's doing something naughty. The grannies are softies and although Daddy does tell her off if naughty or touching something she shouldn't like the radiator or the fire or plugs etc it's mostly me.
Does anyone else feel like their Lo's prefer other's to them?

Replies

• Options
    Hey,
    My lo is nearly 8 months and I feel the same. I'm always the one who has to say no to him and I do all the nappy changes and general 'dirty' jobs. Then along comes Daddy who does all the fun stuff, has a bath with lo and makes him laugh-while I'm cleaning up after tea, putting the washing away and all the other jobs. I wonder if it's a phase they go through? I know deep down that our lo's love us-that's a fact! I guess we just get on and we don't get the chance to have as much fun with them but as they get older (scarey thought!) things will change. You'll be able to do more 'girly' things with her, not sure what my son will need me for but hey?!
    Take care hun and hth a bit? x
  • Options
    Hi don't worry I am sure it's just a phase, it probably doesn't help if you're the only one disciplining her but at the same time it's important! I would think it's more likely you're tensing up when with lo thinking 'oh she loves me less' and so she's going to someone who seems more approachable. Relax, she loves you and sometimes just ignore thecdishes and have a good one on one with her, maybe you could do the story before bed or something.