Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Thanks Goodness for this forum!!

Hiya Ladies

I have been ttc since april last year and just recently have had loads of doubts about whether i actually want a child or not!

Yesterday i looked after my 1 year old twin cousins for 8 hours and felt tired,exhausted,ratty and down right worn out by the time they'd left which totally reinforced the way i have been feeling about may
NOT having children.

Than i check out the support foru of BE...

Thanks Goodness i did..

Reading through some of the posts have just shown me that alot of my fears and worries about having children are NORMAL..
PHEW

Its really helped put things into perspective for me

So i just wanted to thankyou all.

Hugs
xx

Replies

• Options
    Ive got twins and i am pretty sure if someone gave me 1yold twins before i fell pregnant i wld have demanded to be sterilised!

Questioning whether or not you want children is totally normal, i was still questioning it when i was 7 months pregnant, there was a part of me that just didnt feel like i cld do it, i didnt feel like i was adult enough (despite the fact i def was and was married working etc) I just wanted to run home to my mother.

Having children is the hardest yet most rewarding thing i have ever done, sometimes i am so tired i cant drink a cup of coffee, sometimes they do something so wonderful i think that my heart will burst, sometimes i still want to run away from it all, sometimes i cant bear to be apart from them.

TTC is also so hard at times and i think the fact you are questioning things just shows your gonna be a great mum

xxDBxx
  • Options
    I think you can never be fully prepared or know what its like to have children of your own until you get there. I used to babysit my brains out as a teenager and would go home feeling exhausted but the money was good so I kept it up. Still it made me very nervous about having my children. All I can say it is entirely different when they are your own because they came from you. I usually have to remind myself I can't really get angry at my kids for taking after me lol. I mean you can love other people's babies and children in your family or friends kids but its just not like the bond and love you feel for your own and there is such a sense of achievement in over coming the difficulties of parenting. I always feel so good about myself once I get the hang of something. I am having so much trouble getting my son to potty train and with his learning delays right now and he is 4 years old but I have to keep reminding myself that I will over come it where I get help and advise when he starts Kindergarten or we get help from a peditrician which is probably what I will need. No one dies it entirely on their own whether you reach out in your community for advise or come here. Good luck in the future baby making.