Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

how to get dad more involved

hi our baby is due in Feb, and I am really excited, however my partner does not seem to be that interested and after the initial excitment he seems to have really cooled off.

I was wondering if any body else had experienced this and if there was anything I can do??

I was also wondering if there were any dads websites that I could direct him to, or good books aimed at dads, that might re instill a bit of interest from him?

any thought would be apreciated

Replies

• Options
    I had this with Jake.

I went to quite an extreme and kicked him out ( but there were other factors as well not just this ) and it made us actually sit and talk it through.

It turned out that he couldn't get as excited as I was because he was feeling useless as he wasn't able to feel each movement etc so he just plodded along waiting for her to arrive. Once I got to my last 8 weeks he was much much better as he could see my belly move, feel er hiccups etc.
    Now he is so hands on I have to grab her off him lol.
  • Options
    Hi,

I'm due in March, my OH has been great! But as a nice suprise, I bought him "The blokes Guide To Pregnancy" He seems to really enjoy it. It starts from the very beginning, finding out, telling parents etc..

Maybe he'd feel more involved if he knew more about what's going on?!

Vikki
    12+3 x