Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Anyone a lawyer? Need some advice

Hi Ladies

Well let me fill you in on the reason i desprately need advice, my ex boyfirned has came back on the scene demanding a dna test on my new baby whos 9 weeks old on Thursday, he's not his baby its mine and my new partners and he is his daddys double. I split up with my boyfriend near the end of February must have been about the 28th Feb, as i had met my new partner (we hadnt slept together yet or anything like that i did it properly ie break up then start a relationship) Well I first had sex with my new partner on the 8th March and fell pregnant straight away, my babys due date was the 30th November, showing that the baby defo was his as date of conception would be around about 8/9 March, I had my period 23rd Feb and a preg test on the 21st for a urine infection which came back negative, I hadnt slept with my ex partner since the last week in Jan as I knew in my heart it was over and couldnt bare him touching me. He was violent towards me on a few occasions punching me etc also at the end i had to involve the police as he was badly harrasing me for leaving him, even threating to send private videos of me to my father, which the police have on record, i feel he is just doing this to try and control me in some way again, he said he will go down the legal route if i refuse a dna test (Which I have done me and my partner) I jiust wish he would fk off out my life he is a rat bag, does he have any rights even though the dates of conception dont match the dates i was with him?

Dates again are below

Babys due date 30th November 2008 (Was induced 2 weeks early on the 13th as I had preclamsia, records would prove this ovbiously)
Slept with new partner on the 8th March
Had period on the 23rd Febuary
Negative preg test on the 21st Febuary.

Please give me any advice please, this is making my head pound had to get it off my chest!!

Thanks Girls for listening.

[Modified by: Scotslass2010 on 13 January 2009 15:30:43 ]

Replies

• Options
    Hi im sorry im not just didnt want to r&r, just quickly googled it as im in middle of making t but the few sites i looked at seem to say that he would have to take you to court and he is unlikely to win.

It looks like the law is on your side, prob worth seeing your doc tho, have always found them to be a wealth of informationn xxDBXx

[Modified by: doublebubble on January 13, 2009 04:10 PM]

• Options
    Hey DB always see you about..

I am a lawyer (mostly employment law though) i cant say i have heard of cases this way usually father denying paternity!!

He would defo have to take you to Court where they could make you provide DNA but i would doubt it would come to that, Would say although you will know better that just malicious man who is very jealous of what you and your OH have got and wants to try and ruin things for you. If you and OH are happy and know the baby is his then i would just tell him to buzz off/.

If i think of anything else will put it on here, liewise if you have any questions please feel free to put that on here too.
  • Options
    tbh if you are sure the baby isn't his then why not give a dna sample & when it comes back negative you can tell him to fuck off once & for all. by denying him the test you are fueling his mind into believing the baby is his. All the dna test involves is swabbing inside the babies mouth with a cotton bud. Your ex can pay for the test so you wont be losing anything & will gain ammo to get rid of him once & for all.
  • Options
    I just think if you did the test to shut him up, he'd move onto the next way of trying to control you. Why should you have to do a test just because he demands it? What will his next thing be? I don't think it would make him go away. He probably knows the baby isnt his, he just wants to worry you, and cause problems with you and your new partner. I just wouldn't give him the satisfaction of making me do a test when everyone involved knows that he hasnt fathered a child, including him. xxx
  • Options
    HI Girls

Thank you for all your support and replys

I agree with both sides as i know a dna test would get him the fuck out of mine and my partners life but the problem of that is i dont fele i should have to jump or prove anything to that rat bag after the years of hell he put me through with the control and violence, then the bad harrasment at the end, i feel its within my right to say look fuck off, but if he wants to pay the money for a lawer then pay the money for a dna test if the court orders it he can do witever its not his baby i was gone before the date of conception, ive even had my mum tell him several times on the phone I DID NOT SLEEP WITH HIM IN FEB i think he's defo just trying to gain control over my life but in a different way if i agree its like im handing that control over on a plate and as rebecca said were does it end? i feel that men like that are sick in the head and if nots the dna its other things he's trying to control

Lyns
  • Options
    I'd tell him not to contact you again and report him to the police if he continues to do so.