Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Has anyone else got kids in care/how do they get them back?

The trouble is that my lo's in care and has been for some time now to the point where he is resenting me when I try to have fun with him. He's in such a routine with his carers which is good but when I play with him its not the same as the carers who he thinks are his real parents. The good news is that they've sorted a baby placement out and the bad news he will resent me because he thinks I'm not his Daddy. Any advice on what I could do to help me cope with this THANKS!

Any good advice is welcome!

[Modified by: WakkieRob on 07 December 2008 21:34:48 ]

Replies

• Options
    Hello, how old is your son?
  • Options
    13 weeks or 3 mths
    http://file:///H:/pics/ico/Windows%20Vista.ico_url

[Modified by: WakkieRob on December 08, 2008 12:17 AM]

[Modified by: WakkieRob on December 08, 2008 12:20 AM]

• Options
    Hi

So he is stil very small, hopefully you will have plenty of time to build a trust and bond with him. Unfortunately I dont know much about this area and I am also a new Mum. I have a career in childcare however and I see how great children are when adapting to change.

Hey I wish you all the best on the start of this new journey. If I was to make a suggestion, maybe baby groups would help? There will be a Surestart organisation in your area that may be able to assist. Also there are plenty of experienced and helpful people on here that may be able to throw some ideas your way. Stay positive.

Best of luck to you and your son.

Rachel
  • Options
    hey wakkierob, haven't seen you on here in ages... how is your lo, how are you? Is your case moving along? Poor guy, I can't imagine how hard this must be. In regards to your lo, I would ask if you could give him a feed each time you visit, you'll have to time it right, but with my los I sometimes wonder if they don't love me mostly because I'm the one with the food{I am intending this light heartedly} (especially before they are able to play). Don't feel resented... I can understand your feelings are hurt when you feel he's not happy but just try and remember resentment is kind of a big adult emotion, a little baby isn't really capable of resentment, he just hasn't developed a big enough frame of reference. In all likelihood he's just feeling that you are anxious, understandably, and responding in turn. He's growing quickly and you will have so much easier of a time playing when he's physically able. I hope you and your lo are okay, and that time sees you together soon.

xx
  • Options
    RachelandBabygirl, Thanks and good luck with your littleone as well!

The surestart group are also involved anyway I think!

If Kelly wants to see her son I'm sure the social will be OK with it as am I, I just want us to move on from all this.

Hopefully I'll be able to live with my son over Christmas.

Oh, and Merry Christmas and to everyone else as well and good luck with your lo's lol :roll: :lol:
  • Options
    hedgie, Hi and thanks for replying and sorry to for being an idiot before!

To answer your question things have moved on and here it is;

- to start with Kelly's gone away with ally who is having an op.

- and secondly I'm going to live with my Son at a Father and baby Foster placement.

The child Guardian has tested me and check me out and is proposing I go before Christmas or New Year!

Great, great stuff!

Kelly said she wants to get married to Ally and I want to move on now as well. image lol
  • Options
    The greatest Christmas present you could both ask for I'd say, Father and son. Keep in touch and let us all know how it goes.

Merry Christmas to you to.