Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Started to Bleed!

Help! I am about 6 weeks pregnant and I have come home from Work today with the worst migraine and tiredness. I have had a very V Stressful days at work, does that contribute? Went to bed for two hours to wake up to spotting!
I am so scared I am going to lose this lovely gift?
has this happened to anyone? It doesn't seem like normal period bleed at the moment just a light red?
Suppose I am just scared of the worse.

Replies

• Options
    Hi I had spotting after an awful day at work when I was about 5 weeks, went hystrical phoned Dr on-call in the morning he sent me to early pregnancy unit, had a scan and all was ok had to go back a week later for another scan and again all ways ok. Bleeding is not considered normal but some women do at different stages of pregnancy so please don't think the worse and ring your Dr in the morning and keep us posted.

[Modified by: Bristol on March 15, 2007 08:07 PM]
  • Options
    Thanks so much - i will call tomoorw. I am hoping it is just a warning sign for me to calm down? xx
  • Options
    if your really concerned go to the a+e or early pregnancy unit at your local hospital, have you had your pregnancy confirmed officially yet? hope your ok....anita xx
  • Options
    This has happened to me twice, the first time I lost the baby, the second time I went on to have a beautiful baby girl who is now six months old. If you have no stomach pain it could just be an implantation bleed, I would say that the best thing you can do is see your doctor first thing in the morning, or go to A&E if the bleeding carries on or gets heavier. If it is only a little bit you probably don't need to worry but try and rest (easy at night!) and try not to worry (easier said than done I know). Hope everything works out ok for you but let us know what happens. There is always someone here who will try and help. Kerry xx P.S. I rang NHS direct when it happened the second time and they asked alot of questions before telling me it was almost certainly nothing to worry about which made me feel much better so it might be worth giving them a call.
  • Options
    Thanks Everyone, I feel a lot more relieved now.
    I know I am doing too much and I know the Stress at work isn't helping. It's just so difficult when you are so early on, we are telling anyone but I feel terrible with morning sickness (or day sickness in my case) and I am just so tired. I don't want anyone to guess at work until we are over the milestone of 12 weeks but with that I think I am trying to be OTT that they won't find out? Need to rest.
    Think it will be an early night and an early trip to the Doctors tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone though you have helped me so much.
  • Options
    I had 2 preganancys where I had bleeds(spotting) and went on to have 2 healthy babies.When It did happen I went to a&e. With my first I was really worried, the second a bit calmer. With my 3rd pregnancy I had spotting, got it checked out and I was fine, then it happened again, but it ended up being heavier and with clots, I was due for a scan the day after which confirmed I had a m/c. I was 7 weeks gone. Bleeding in pregnancy is common but you should always get it checked out.A friend of mine had spotting for weeks and ended up having a healthy baby.
    All the best of luck
    Anna
  • Options
    DueNovember

How did today go at the Doctors? Hope you're ok.
  • Options
    hi have you been to doctors yet i hope everything is ok please let us know good luck x x x
  • Options
    hi have you been to doctors yet i hope everything is ok please let us know good luck x x x
  • Options
    hi due november..thinking of you. keep us up dated spud. sending you a big hug. x x x x x
  • Options
    Hi due november, thinking about you, hope everything is ok. Kerry xx
  • Options
    Sorry to keep you all waiting!!
    Went to the Doctors and they send me to the Early Pregnancy Unit at the Hospital. I had an internal examination and some blood taken, they are treating it as if it an Ectopic Pregnancy, which isn't good news I suppose, (trying to stay positive that we can turn it around?) I have some blood taken tomorrow to compare my hormone levels. So all being well I fine out on Monday what the Crack is?
    Thanks so much for all your support, My husband doesn't really get it, that I feel so pregnant with the sickness and tiredness I will be so upset if anything bad happens? He is a massive believer in fate and it will all work out in the end, but I want it to work with this one.
    I just have to rest and wait till Monday. They did say though that if my hormones are ok then I should be fine and the little one was just trying to find a comfy place to rest, I will be scanned again in 7 days and then 14 days. If everything is fine after all that, I will back to being 'Normal' - hope I get there.
    Big kisses to you all for your support.
  • Options
    Ah, loads of luck duenovember***
  • Options
    Thanks for letting us know, it sounds like you are being well looked after by your doctors etc. I'm not a doctor but I thought normally with an eptopic you got pain which you haven't. A work collegue of my husband had to have tests for a suspected eptopic and it turned out to be fine, she is now about 25weeks, so there is definately still reason to be positive. Keep your feet up and do nothing! I have everthing crossed for you, take care, Kerry xx
  • Options
    I know that you mean - I was in within two hours of calling up - i thought it was really good! You do get pain but because i was so dizzy and faint on the Friday Night apparently that is also a sign? but who knows, i get some cramping but like they say that could be lots of things so they are just being careful? Makes it worse having to put my feet up, i want to stay busy so i don't think about it but i know that that isn't the best thing of either of us! Thanks for the fingers and toes being crossed! Will keep you posted.
  • Options
    HI DUE NOVEMBER been thinking of you. i think they are just covering every thing when they mention etopic pg just to make sure, sounds like they are looking after you! rest! hope everything works out for you both. big hugs becky xx x x
  • Options
    when i was pregnant last time I also had some spotting before my m/c and they checked for etopic. I think something must have happened becuse they said since...they always have to check for etopic...I dont't know what it was but it sounded like a routine check. I also had to wait a weekend, and it was hard..The fact that you are being sick is a good sign though, they say if you are sick it is a healthy pregnancy..I don't know if that is true but it worked fro me the first times...
    All the best of luck for monday.
    Anna
  • Options
    Been off line a few days. Thanks for letting us know. Thinking of you for tomorrow.
  • Options
    Hi DueNovember, I was sorry to read the problems you have been having but it seems that the medical staff are taking good care of you. Any news? Hope things are OK. George, x
  • Options
    hi due november.just wanted to say we are still thinking of you let us know how your doing when you get chance big hugs becky xxxx