Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

excessive wakening and feeding at night...HELP!!!

Hi I've joined this site in desperation! My baby is 6 mths old. She was a great sleeper earlier...waking twice a night for a feed, and at 9 weeks even slept through 8 hrs. I'm still feeding her myself and don't want to stop that. 2 weeks ago she started wakening every hour for a feed...went on for a week. Then put her on the bottle in evening....that helped...slept 5 hours at a time (good for her standards!!). trying to get her onto solids now, but shes not impressed. she seems to feed from the breast much better at night time, sucking for all shes worth, and can go longer during the day between feeds. She settles no problem at 8 every night. Sometimes only feeds once....but last night again it was 12, 3.30 and again at 4.30...HELP!! I'm exhausted and sleep derprivation is making me miserable...

How do I get her to feed more in the day? her naps in the day are fine. She doesn't sleep too much or too little. she only takes 4 oz of bottle in evening (7/8) and then I top her up with boob. Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    hi hun, when my lo started night waking again i put it down to wanting boob for comfort rather than food, u could try just offering water during the night as lo might decide that water aint worth waking up for.
    dont worry too much about how much solids she having hun just keep trying a little im sure she will get used to it soon.

hope u get a good night sleep soon hun. xx