Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

custody battle - has anyone been through this?

Hello,

I've not posted much since I was pregnant to be honest, I was just getting on with it.

My ex partner and I split up when I was pregnant. We never fully split up infact we went on to co parent successfully for two years. I had an pre eclampsia and ended up with a c section, breastfed for 6 months with three bouts of mastitus and a tongue tied baby. We needed the mutual support as we found the baby hard work. He sort of dodged the really hard work by playing computer games. He is a lawyer.

Anyway, last week he called the police and told them I have abducted our son and was on my way to beachy head to jump. I had taken my son to the park and talked out of the fish and chip shop with the ex's dinner when I noticed a helicopter over head. I was pointing it out to my son when 6 police cars pulled up and took me aside to shout at me that I had kidnapped my son. I was bewildered and angry but told to shut up whilst my ex drove off with my son.

I went home, he let me in the house. We had a massive row where he apologised said he'd made a mistake and sent me off to bristol on a spa break by way of an apology.

I return home to be given a court summons and told I cannot see my son with with prearranged visits. I'm blocked from going to his nursery. The ex has taken my son away.

I get a lawyer and we had a hearing and he gets restraining orders, the kicked me out the house, bans me from seeing my son, orders psychiatriac assessments on me. He's saying I abuse my son. My son goes to nursery 4 days a week and they've never had any complaints except to remark what a happy boy he is.

I make cakes for his mother and cook him dinner everyday. How stupid have I been? I don't even know. We go out every weekend, we spoke everyday, I was friends with his parents and he has just been planning this for months. Its so scary I have had to just take it and its so cold and cruel my heart is broken. I don't think he has though what he is doing to my son. The little man is so confused. I get to see him 17 hours a week whilst they decide whether I'm a danger to him. I appreciate they are being through but the evil ex did actually hit me hard enough to concuss me and render me temporarily deaf with a black eye which whislt I so stupidly let slide, my gp recorded and will come out in court. He has made such a mess. I never even knew people did evil stuff like this. I'm still reeling and I'm in shock. I miss my baby. image