Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

6 Year old won't listen

i am now at my wits end. My 6 year old son just doesn't listen. He ignores my husband and me and just does his own thing. We have taken away toys etc which are precious to him but it doesn't seem to matter.  When we are out he plays up and runs off to hide etc. We've explained about his safety but it doesn't click. He messes at swimming class and doesn't/can't focus. I've spoken to his school teacher but  she can't see anything wrong. I'm so confused image

Replies

• Options

Has he always been this like, JEMum, or is it a new thing? Why can't his schoolteacher see anything wrong - do you think he's OK with her but acts differently when he's with you? 

• Options

I would defo speak to the teacher again - do they TA's in your sons classroom? If so, maybe ask for their opinions. Don't get me wrong, we have to ask my almost 6 year old daughter to do everything a hundred times before she will listen to anything, but we find during school holidays when she's not with certain kids at school, her behavior is much better.

Also, what's he like with say grandparents - people other than you and your hubby? He might be pushing boundaries?