Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Rant!!

Hi all I am new to this site but feel I need to rant lol

i have a 3 year old daughter and currently away in a family holiday with my husband and In laws. 

my self and my husband have hit a patch were we just can't seam to have a laugh together any more or even when his around. i really struggle to be happy around him and we constantly just seam to have  same chats about were we are going with each other. He says I constantly moody and so serious! And that's how I feel. 😞 times I have tried to be happy around him, but it's like I'm invisible, it's like the man walks around with his head up his arse, in a bubble and no consideration for me at all!!!! 

i hate the fact of losing him, but I acctualy jusy find it impossible to be happy around him. i know if I was reading this, my opinion to someone else would be to leave, but I really truly never thought i would ever be a single mum, and that scares me so much!! I am financly depend on my husband and don't have a penny to my name, and a 3 year old depending on me. For me to leave this man would be to lose every thing and start from the very beginning! I have no idea were or who can help?? 

it sounds silly I made a promise to myself when I was a teen to not just have children with any one only the man I thought I would spend the rest of my life with! 

My husband is such a good man and it kills me inside to know its over. Can any one advise me, has anyone ever felt like this and turned it around? 

I need to do something as I'm changing as a person, I'm jelious, angry, hurt and just so flat within my self. 

So the grandparents, I'm so greatful for the holiday and are semi having a nice time, but I just feel they are trying to take over my daughter! my little one can be very demanding, but over time I've kind of got a bit of balance, but what ever I ask them todo they do the opposite. For example ("I want grandad to sit next to me") then ("I want nanny to sit next to me") and what ever she's controlling at the time they do. I've asked them time again if I say no then it's no, as all my little girl is learning that she can call the shots all of the time!!  

I could go on for ever im trying so hard not to snap at them but this whole holiday is driving me mad, and I'm starting to feel it's me with the problem and I'm just a useless mum, that had no parenting skills at all and might as well go home (which I would if I had my own car) 

so sorry first post and what a rant lol feel so much better as I just needed to get it out. 

Replies

• Options

Your not a useless mum from what you've said Just completely stressed out.    

Sounds like you and Hubby really need to talk, right now might not be the time whilst your on holiday.  Both clear the air.  tell him what he's doing wrong and what you want him to do, also let him do the same take some thinking time if needs be.  Make an effort together.  Try to a lot some Husband and Wife time to bring the spark back and take care of each other.  it sounds like you also need some you time to dE-stress.  

with regards to grandparents - it is there job to spoil grandchildren but they shouldn't be going against what your saying.  Ask yourself though is it really a huge thing for her to get her own way about sitting next to her Grandparents. you might find it less stressful to go with the flow and let them help whilst you try to relax a little.  you can get back to your routine when you get home.  A holiday is a time for relaxation Use the help wisely to help yourself. 

Pick your battles.  Some of the smaller ones may cause you less stress than it's worth.  

if you really want to split from your Hubby then hopefully you can come to an arrangement about the practicalities, otherwise you might find help at your local citizens advice or from women's aid about how to start a fresh and any help you can get Financially and practically.  

good luck