Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Social Services

I'm currently 24 + 2 weeks pregnant. I received a phone call at about 22 weeks off social services who said they would come and do a risk assessment due to who my babies father is. 

Now obviously I've heard many things being said about my child's father and he's been very open from day 1 and told me everything that happened in his past with his other children who live at his aunts.

The social services haven't been in touch at all since the day they phoned me, is this something I should worry about? As I've been really anxious and threating about what's going to happen 

Replies

• Options

Hey. Give them a call for your own peice of mind and just explain your hoping to get all assessments sorted so you can enjoy your pregnancy. 

• Options

Thank you, I'll do that as soon as bank holidays over 

• Options

Wow they can do that in the UK? I had not clue.  Here in americ we call it CPS (child protection services) and they aren’t allowed to get involved while pregnant and never get involved depending on who the father is. They will get involved if your baby is born while you used drug and is born drug addicted or if someone calls them but they never get inv if your still pregnant.