Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Feeling Trapped And Don't Know What To Do..

So I met my current partner in 2016, we've been together for 1 year and 6 months tomorrow. The relationship hasn't always been plain sailing but what relationship is? Anyways, it got to the point in which I didn't want the relationship to continue and this was the first time I tried ending it but he just doesn't let go. There's been a few times where we have heated discussions and I've tried to leave. I just don't love him anymore. We've had our first child together, the baby is 2 and a half months. I know, I'm stupid, I've brought a child into a broken relationship but I did try and leave. I don't want to be with him anymore but he won't listen and just begs for another chance.. I feel trapped. I've tried being distant but he just doesn't ask why and just continues asif it's normal. Advice will be much appreciated. 

Replies

• Options

Sorry to hear about this. I have recently gone through a break up of the same sort. We was together 10 years and have a beautiful 5 year old daughter together. Trust me if you are feeling like this now it is only going to get worse before it gets better. You need to be stern and inform him of why you are unhappy and why you no longer wish to be with him. I would suggest you inform any of your family members/friends if you can and get in place somewhere to stay (unless you are expecting him to leave) I just thought it was easier if I left that way he couldn't come back.

Don't get me wrong I know its harder said than done but he is missing out on meeting someone that genuinely would want to be with him visa versa.

The sooner you leave and he knows the better. Stay stern and don't let him make you feel like you have to stay with him just because you have a child together.

Everyone deserves to find happiness and staying will only depress you and make it harder in the end. Good luck with everything.