Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

OMG! I’ve really upset him!

I’ve upset my husband so much. 

he likes to paint pictures and he loves to put them all over our house. The problem is. I hate them!  I’ve tried to be supportive because I don’t want to hurt him, but I hate his art work. The subject matter isn’t very popular either and theres loads of it. Can’t even see the walls in some rooms. Which is fine, but it ebarasses the kids because it’s risque and they don’t like it. The house is over run with the art work. I’ve tried being subtle. I’ve tried being a little less subtle.but today I packed some of it away! I had to be blunt and say I didn’t like it and I can see he is deeply hurt.  But I can’t spend my life looking at it. was I wrong? 

Replies

• Options
    I would tell him the kids are not comfortable with it because it is risque. You should try and find some of his work that you really love and try and make him feel special. You are entitled to like and dislike what you want but if you love him even if you hate his work you'll look a little deeper at it. People put their soul into their art. It probably really hurt his feelings. Maybe make one room and or hallway a showing for his art. Try not to feel guilty, you're only human. Just do something you can live with that will make him happy too and make him feel like you're proud of him. Sometimes we put up with things our loved ones love that we don't it just means we really love them.