Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I’m not happy in our relationship but is it just because I’m pregnant?

I’m currently 19 weeks pregnant and well for a long time things have changed between me and boyfriend/father to our unborn baby wd havent been intimat for a while I rarely see him as he always working.. he has put me down about gaining weight a few times and has also said about going to have fun with a woman with a proper body also has told me he would of walked away if I wasn’t pregnanT there’s so much more he has said to me I honestly feel so down n ugly and I cry myself to sleep most nights because I don’t feel good enough. 

Replies

• Options

So sorry to hear you are feeling this way. Although pregnancy may make you feel insecure anout your own body and it can certainly supress your desire to be intimate it is no excuse for your partner to treat you this way. some men do find pregnacy a turn off its not my partners favourite thing to be honest but never did he make me feel bad about my body or suggest he would like some fun with someone else. pregnancy should be a happy time for a couple and no way should you be feeling like this. Is there anyone else you can talk to to work this out? I will tell you that you are good enough! And never stay with someone because you are pregnant. I would suggest talking to your partner about how you feel and see how he reacts maybe he will be more sensitive. sit down and have a think about how you really feel and dont be afraid to walk away if thats the best option for you.