Forum home Family life & relationships Relationships
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I feel stuck in the middle am I wrong?

Michaelas8919Michaelas8919 Regular
edited Jul 5, 2021 12:47PM in Relationships
Me and my mum havent got on for years we have talked on and off I have just had a baby and I am at home now with stitches all my partners family are coming to our home to visit but my mum is refusing saying we should bring the baby to her house because she doesnt like my partner as we didnt take a house beside hers she believes the flat I am in isnt suitable and she is making out I am wrong because I think she should come here like everyone else has since i only gave birth 2 days ago and I think she should try be civil with my partner for me and the baby as he would be cicil with her even though they have had a disagreement  what does everyone think? Do you think she should make the effort or am I asking for to much? Thank you x
Dont know if here is ok to post this sorry if it's not x

Replies

• Options
    Lh8609Lh8609 Regular
    edited Jul 6, 2021 11:47AM
    I don’t think you’re wrong at all you’ve just given birth for crying out loud. I’m sorry she’s making you feel bad but you shouldn’t, if she’s prepared to let her stubbornness and pettiness get in the way of her seeing her new grandchild then I’d leave her to get on with it. You need to rest and focus on recovering and caring for your new baby. Congrats don’t let her sh1tty attitude spoil this special time x
  • Options
    If your mum does not want to visit just tell her she will need to wait until you are up and about. If she wont make the effort than she needs to wait until you are ready to start visiting people. If she wants to see the baby sooner she needs to come to you