Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

TONSILS

Hi i got 3 boys age 10, 9 and almost 10 months, I need some advice my 9 yr old has been up hospital today and they are finally going to take his tonsils out, my problem is its only a day case now they dont keep them in overnight anymore, any advice on how to cope none of mine have ever had a general anasetic before

Replies

• Options
    My eldest had to go in to have her adenoids out and ears cleaned. She was only 5 at the time. Once it was all over, they wouldn't let her home unless she had at least had something to drink and eat. Lots of rest once she was home but had to encourage to eat and drink - fluids will be important. Also, with a boy, the removal of his tonsils will have an affect on a certain part of his sensitive anatomy........
  • Options
    OMG!!! In what way? you see i a single mum n have no male around to ask...
  • Options
    LOL
    Just like mumps can make his testicles swell, so can probs with tonsils etc. I don't think it's as bad but he will be a little uncomfortable down there afterwards.
  • Options
    Oh joy, i look forward to that conversation!!!!!!!! lol
  • Options
    Does he have a favourite 'naughty' treat food that he doesn't get a lot? Get some in to last a cpl days, I'm sure that'll help take his mind off it! x