Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bedwetting

I am only now trying to take my 4yo daughter out of nappies at night. I feel bad that I haven't really tried until now but I just have never felt she was ready. TBH I still don't but would like her dry at night before starting school in September.

First night she wet twice and I woke her twice and she used a potty.

Last night I put her to bed at 8pm and by 10 she had soaked the bed (I made sure she used the toilet before bed), I changed the bed and got her to use the potty, which she did. I went to check on her again around 1am and she was soaked again, again I got her to use the potty and she did, sorted her bed and put her back in 4am I woke her again and she used the potty again (she was wet again but only damp this time)

Pull ups are a no go coz she just uses them even before she falls asleep.

I know it has only been 2 days and therefore its early to tell but I can't help feeling like I'm wasting my time. How can she possibly have so much widdle to do in one night??? I mean they were floods

Any advice would be much appreciated

Replies

• Options
    hi my son was the same, we persevered for 4 days but he got distressed so tired from waking up every two hours in a wet bed, so we gave him a two week break then talked to him (do you want to wear normal pants to bed now its ok if ur not ready. its ok if acccidents happen etc) hes been dry for two months now at night but it was hell we n i have to keep cleaning his carpet n the matress protector made his room stink n cant seem to shift the smell if any one has any ideas on that id love some help with it . i think you have to see if this is making her miserable and you miserable if it is then maybe leave it a while n try again. sorry not much help i know!
  • Options
    lollyhatch if you go into wilkos you can buy a can of carpet foam freshener its by vax it cost bout 2.50 spray on the carpet and materess leave to disolve and it will dry pretty quick do this a couple of times a week first then once a week also spray materess protector with antibacterial and ya smells are all gone, it worked with our daughter, as for bed wetting at night we used pyjama pants or pull ups and left landing light on and if she used the pull up we would change her when she was asleep, but we just let her grow out of it herself and she was four and a half when she stopped using them, also if you have a homeandbargains near you they do bed matts for 1.99