Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

A little advice

Hi my dd ellie is 6 in august and is wonderful with her little brother, but leo is 7 months and much more sturdier now and when im not looking she has started picking up off the floor and swinging him around sitting on the sofa and leaving him, he is just to heavy for her to do this and she struggles and as had a few near misses, every time i try and explain to her about she isnt really big enough and strong enough but it doesnt seem to make a difference i end up shouting at her as she gives me a fright, i dont want her to think she cant touch him and become resentful i just dont know what to try next any ideas or advice would be much appriciated as im going to have another lo in 16 weeks im going to need eyes in the back of my head.
vikki xx

Replies

• Options
    I don't know what to advise- I just didn't want to read and run!! I have a six year old, a four year old and a 12 week old baby. My eldest (a boy) tried once to lift the baby and I gave him a bit of a telling off. I calmed down and explained that a small baby could die if it fell the wrong way and he hasn't tried since.
    This might sound a little harsh but at the end of the day it is true and so far it has worked.