Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

reward charts??

has anyone ever used these?? were they any good? thanx ladies xx

Replies

• Options
    hey Elaine, I have replyed on toddler xxxxxxx
  • Options
    hello I'm normally on lttc but have a son aged 4 and thought his might brighten me up put of my fertility blight!!!!

I have used over the opast few years for everything from behaviour, eating good food to dry pants at night, find them very good and each ime a new one is done me and the wee man create it together so he has a sense of ownership good luck xx
  • Options
    Hi

I have a 5 year old, and they work for me.....we are using them agan at the mo because of a few issues and they are working again! I think it is the idea of the reward at the end of the week that keeps him going.......don't get me wrong we still have our moments but on the whole a definate improvement in my house LOL

I got some from The Works.....8 weeks worth with stickers for ??5....but you can easily make your own!

Good luck, Emma x
  • Options
    I bought a metal reward chart from Next a few years ago- this comes with magnetic stars and a pen so you can change the tasks every week or so.

With my 7yr old I use it for him to brush his teeth properly, feed his rabbit, make his bed etc - then I change it to suit him depending on what area he needs to focus on. I set him a challenge to collect different amounts of stars a week for a treat - the higher number of stars the higher the reward.

I find it really motivates him and makes him more indepedent (sp?)

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/homeware/childrensroom/41/3
  • Options
    Hiya
    We make our own reward charts and it really works and helps my 4 year olds behaviour.