Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

going to school - also in large families

my ds2 has been going to the same school since he was 3 he did half days then last sept did allday in foundation and this yr is in yr1 and he has always been fine until last week going into yr 1 he is screaming and crying and being taken of me i just cant cope my eldest son is fine but middle one is struggling i just dont know what to do help!!

Replies

• Options
    hi. i have 5 kids. and my eldest is in year 6 now,my 2nd son year 4 and my 3rd son year 1 and my daughter has just started reception. my son in year 1 is the same as your son. he has cried every day since he started back to school. he was fine at the school nursery and in reception class but this year he is so upset. alot of it is that he isn't with his best friend that he has been with since nursery, this has upset them both. but i feel so upset every morning that he is upset. i have spoken to his teacher but she says it is just settling in. my eldest son had this teacher as well. so i know she is nice. ijust don't know what to do either. i have said to myself that i will give him another week to settle and then go back in to see his teacher.
    i really sympathise with you. hope our lo's settle soon. xx