Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

10 year old with breast pain

hi this is prob a bit strange but my daughter is 10 years old and is very worried as for the last week she has had a sore left breast and says she can feel a lump which she cant feel in the other one ive said its all part of growing up is this right do we have reason to b worried can any one help

Replies

• Options
    Sorry if this is a bit obvious but sometimes simple things get over looked. Has she started her period yet? A friend of mine had a daughter of 8 years old start her period so it is quite possible that the pain in her breast is caused by her body preparing for her first. When it comes to lumps and bumps again this can be related to periods. Best thing to do if it doesn't seem to disappear or gets any bigger is to get it checked at GPs. At your daughters age as well it could simply be growing pains/change in hormones.

Hope that's helps a bit?!
  • Options
    It could be growing pains in her boobs. Does she understand that they will be growing soon?? If not now might be a good time to tell her and to explain that this could be a reason for her pain. I would also explain to her that sometimes people get bad lumps in their boobs and give her the option of seeing the doc.
    This kind of thing makes me glad my eldest (a boy) is only 6!!
  • Options
    My friends daughter had this and for about 2-3 weeks had the startings of a boob on her left side while still totally flat the other!!! Not long after she went running into her mum's bedroom at 6am one morning coz the other side had 'appeared' over night!!!!

Certainly does sound like she's 'sprouting' hun. Watch out for mood swings etc, if she's not had any already - u mite start to see a pattern emerging as to when she mite be pre-menstral etc.
  • Options
    hi ya all thanks very much i have told her it might b to do with growing up its good aswel as she has just learnt all about it at school so that helps we went to docs to ease her mind and doc said it was just her boob growing . and she has had a few really bad weeks with moods seems more chilled this week though no period yet but aint far off i doubt .
  • Options
    Thanks for this one, my 9 year old has just told me today that her boob is hurting and so we had the talk about growing up this morning before school!
  • Options
    hi i have a 16yr old and an 11 yr old, my eldest was 11 when she started her periods and my 2nd was 10, but they started with pubity and mood swings at about 8 yrs old. Apparently and it was true with both my girls that once they hit the 7 stone mark and have under arm hair showing they can start their periods. so just look out for them signs and you'll have an idea when its coming
  • Options

MY daughter she is 7yrs she feel pain in the  right brest and small swalling and she is pain in the left side but no swalling what i will do please help me

• Options

i have it to i went to the doctor he  said it was just hormones and that my breasts will be coming in soon as well as my period

• Options

cool thanks peops my 9 yr old is developing boobs but has told me they hurt first one then the other this morning I presumed it was to do with onset of puberty so will wait n see I think my middle daughter is 11 and started her periods day after her 11th and she is a C cup already but didnt have any anxietys just strolled through as did my eldest daughter .

• Options

My nipples are sore and itch any ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options

Hi I am lily and I'm only 10 but my mum has this account so I thought I wouled make one. But I have been getting brests and there really sore and I'm scared to tell mum hope someone can help me 

• Options

My ten year old has that in both breasts, she told me it happened about the same time. Is this normal?

• Options

Hello Lily, I am a year younger but I have adult supervision. I have that issue when I lay on my tummy so thank god I’m not a stomachache sleeper. I think it’s because we’re growing and also, yesterday I asked my cousin who had the same issue and she told me the same thing! I really hope yours (as weird as that sounds) feel better... this was not helpful :)

• Options

Hi I am only a kid but my breasts have hurt for the past few weeks I think it is bec of a tight bra and my friend got her peirod and i think I will get mine soon so it could als be that

• Options
    Hi ik im young but I’m 11 and I feel a lump in my right breast near the Nipple area. It’s started hurting a few days ago and I felt my breast and felt a small-ish lump. I started my period when I was 10 but idk if it is cancer or if it’s benign. Can someone help please?
  • Options
    Hi my daughter is 10 yrs old and is feeling little lump behind  the right nipple. What can be the reason.
  • Options
     My daughter is 10 and she’s going through the same thing, only her right side is hurting for like two weeks now. Her boobs are are getting big and I had to break down to her. that her body is going through some hormone changes and A lot of other stuff
  • Options
    Hi my name is Giselle my mom and I read all the comments and they were really helpful my boob started to hurt a few weeks ago so I told my mom she said it was nothing and that it will go away but it started to hurt a lot so we search to see why it hurt and reading all these comments were so helpful.when your period started is when you see a little blood that mean it going to start so tell your mom and she will help you but don’t worry it just part of growing up I hope I help you goodbye 
  • Options
    ZoeSkinnerZoeSkinner Regular
    edited Jul 2, 2020 9:26AM

Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines