Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

NIGHT TERRORS

Hi me again, well this is my eldest who is nearly 6, for a year now he's been suffering with night terrors. this month they have got worse, i thought he was going to have a fit or have a heart attack the last time, he can never remember them but getting him calm is terrible. He has recently also started biting his nails and biting his clothes, he seems quite down alot.?? I took him to docs and there getting steps to get involved?? do you know what these people will do?? when he was 2 he witnessed his dad nearly kill me, so did my other son but he was a baby. the event was a one off and was sorted through courts and he hasnt touched me since, were generally quite a happy family. Apart from the odd prob which is kept out of there ackowledgment if you get me? Could the event of what happened be causing this and would he remember it and why would it get worse now?? after all this time?? thanks for reading ladies sara 39 weeks

Replies

• Options
    hiya sara1984
    me and my oh used to fight alot around our lo when he was very young it has traumatised him to an extent whenever anyone touches me he gets very scared and cries and if voices are raised he cries he has also just started to bite himself when hes feeling frightened

i also experienced this when i was very young about 2-3 and i remember every detail of it so maybe that is what is causing the night terrors
    hth Audrey x
  • Options
    Hi, it could be that he remembers it or it could be totally unrelated, My 9 year old used to have night terrors from the age of 3, she went through phases where she wouldnt have them for months but then would start getting them, the dr suggested with me to wake her gently just before the time they happened as they would always happen roughly at the same time each night, this seemed to break the cycle for us. Good luck. xx