Forum home Toddlers & older children Schoolchildren
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My daughter needs help

Hi all,

My daughter is in high school. Last month she had gone for a trip from her school. Their bus met with an accident and few kids died. My daughter was injured. Her best friend was one among the kids who died. They were really close and the death of her best friend has really affected her and she is still in shock. It’s been a month since the incident, but she is still the same. In fact, it’s getting worse. She doesn’t talk to anyone and even refuses to go to school. She doesn’t sleep properly. If at all she sleeps for a while she keeps murmuring things in her sleep. I am afraid she is going into depression. I read about some symptoms here, https://www.campisilaw.ca/mental-illness-incapacity-benefits-lawyers/. I would like to know more about this. How do I bring her back to normal life? I have tried talking to her, but in vain. Should I take her to a psychiatrist? Would counselling help?

Replies

• Options

Poor little lady try contacting cambs poss spelt chams I can't think. But it's a mental health team for children also there are a few charit set up that are for grieving children xx