Forum home Babies Sleep
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

11 week old fighting naps

I feel like I'm losing my mind. 

My LO is almost 3 months he settles himself off to sleep at night very quickly and after his night feeds which is just awesome, but nap times! He's a completely different baby.

I've worked so hard to get him out of the cycle of feeding to sleep for his naps and since then whatever I try and do he fights sleep so hard. He rubs his eyes, screams and it's so hard to watch. I'm now trying to copy our bedtime routine but giving him a dummy instead of a bottle so he still has something to suck. I play the same music, sit in the same place and hold him in the same way.

If I took him out in the car or buggy he would almost instantly fall asleep, but that's always practical, plus sometimes i need a nap too.

I'm hoping it's a developmental thingtand time and patience is all I need, but it makes me feel awful seeing him screaming and uncomfortable, it's as if I'm failing him in some way.

Sorry for being a misery I know we all have moments like this I just needed to get it off my chest