Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Tell Nurofen for Children your top tips for cheering up your unwell child: voucher to win

Hello.

Nurofen for Children have just launched their brand new FeverSmart™ Temperature Monitor, so you can track your child’s fever or high temperature via their app continuously, giving you greater peace of mind.

Nurofen for Children would like you to tell us your tips, non-medicinal remedies and soothing ideas for cheering up your poorly baby or child. Tell us your top tips and you could win a £200 Amazon voucher for sharing!

All you need to do is post on this thread, your best tips for cheering up your poorly little one. Remember, we’re not looking for medicine suggestions (please don’t post any or we may have to remove them) but for little things you do to soothe and comfort your child when they’re under the weather. 

Everyone who posts their tips will be entered into a prize draw to win a £200 Amazon voucher.

We'll keep this thread open until 15 June 2018, and we'll announce the winner's name a few days later.

This discussion is sponsored by Nurofen. Terms & conditions apply. Please note that comments and pictures you post here may be used by Nurofen in future marketing material.

Replies

• Options

Finger puppets telling a story always works wonders with our little one.

• Options

You can't beat cuddles when poorly! Although I may need a bigger lap soon with 2 babies and 2 dogs 😂 

• Options

Singing always helps especially if it’s a soothing or favourite song.  Do A Deer is always a good one.  Singing releases endorphins so also cheers up the mummy or indeed daddy because our little ones who are sad make us sad to.

• Options

My two girls are really different. 

Millie, 5, likes a duvet day on the couch in her favourite pjs with films on the tv and some naps. She isn’t very cuddly so she prefers to be left to it with plenty fluids and some nibbles.

my youngest, who is 1 today, loves cuddles and quiet time when she isn’t well. Stories and some peppa pig with mummy usually does the trick. 

• Options

Stories, stories and more stories - about when they were born, adventures of  Mum and Dad when they were children, when pets first arrived at their new homes. Always something personal that they could relate to rather than books or TV plus the novelty of a bed made up on the settee. 

• Options

My 4 year old doesn't sit still even when sick.. 

We tend to watch movies, movies tgat have done magic in them like Mary poppins.. ice pop, lots of fluids and a cold cloth when the temp spikes:)

• Options

Stay in p. J's all day and eat ice cream  

• Options

Pulling funny faces usually works

• Options

I’m a first Time mummy to a 5 week old aomim definitely still learning about what my little girl likes. Reading a story in a soothing voice and swaying the little lady whilst singing tends to do the trick!

• Options

some nurofen a big cuddle and plenty of games to take their mind off it . my son likes being chased and when u shout boo

• Options

I like to sing a song to mine when they are unwell xx

• Options

For some reason my-awful-singing always seems to ease my little one!

• Options

Cuddles, cuddles and more cuddles. 

• Options

My little boys are very different in terms of what comforts them when they're poorly my oldest likes pyjama days where we lie on the sofa and watch films and eat junk food. My youngest just wants to be snuggled when he's feeling poorly he's teething atm and having a rough time with it and all he wants to do is be cuddled and sung to hes starting to recognise songs and gets excited during certain ones 

• Options

Making funny faces usually works  image

• Options

Cuddles and snuggling under a blanket on the sofa, usually with a few soft toys as well!

• Options

Whenever my girls are poorly we have lots of cuddles and love a good nap. We also have a quiet day with stories, disney films and try to drink lots of water. 

• Options

Make sure it is quiet and calm and then just comfort.

• Options

Lots of cuddles and all the treats we usually have to ration - ice cream , cakes and cookies to boost energy levels to fight those nasty bugs 🐛 

• Options

Lots of soothing drinks and cuddles. Snuggling on the sofa with a pile of books helps too :)

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions