Forum home Toddlers & older children Tantrums & behaviour
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

hitting

hey ladies.. i know this has been discussed before but i cat find the thread

anyway my little girl is now 2 and although she is a very good girl (i do know how lucky i am) she has been hitting lately and its driving me mad!!!! it generally increases in frequency when shes tired/hungry or bored but its so annoying!!! what can i do?
iv tried the naughty step/spot but she just does it then says "sit on stairs now??.." and goes off making a jokeof it

it really bugs me when she does it and its not getting through to her that its wrong! please help if you can!! thankyou x

Replies

• Options
    When my dd does it, I tell her I don't like it, it's horrible etc and if she can't be nice we won't play together. Then ignore her. She hates being ignored.
    My friends little boy hit her the other day and while his mum told him off he just grinned away. I know it's their way of learning to express themselves, but it's a tricky one to deal with isn't it. X
  • Options
    Such a lovely phase! I would do what hayls said and do the ignoring thing - you might have to make a really big deal out of it to start with 'mummy is not even going to talk to you or look at you' sort of thing so she knows she is definately being ignored and doesn't just think phew got away with that one, off I go to play! Good luck!.xx