Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

toddler bed time

Hi there. My daughter is 3 and will not go to sleep on time. She is ofter still awake at 10pm. I have tried reading, singing and rubbing her back, as well as letting her get into our bed.  We have just emigrated here from SA and I know the stress got to us all, but surely she should still go to bed at a decent hourNon of that helps. Any other ideas would be very welcome. I am tired of this!!

Replies

• Options

Hi... We recently emmigrated from South Africa too, and I am having the same problem with my 21 month old, I thought it might be that I have just had another baby, but now I am starting top think it might be the move as you are having the same problem...my little boy is also waking up alot once he finally goes to sleep....

If you find anything that works, please share the light.... 

I feel your pain.....................

• Options

Hi Ang1 and Mozi

Welcome to pp,im Emma mum to riley 4.

I have not emmigrated but had moved twice in the space of 3mths when riley was 2yrs old, and it really put rileys sleeping pattern out the window. We moved again last yr to a house and his never slep better,he now goes 8pm till 8am mst mornings but usually get up with his dad at 7:30am. I only achieved this by constantly keeping to a routine no matter how stressful for me. it did help that adi(my hubby)helped out on the odd night. If you have someone who can help you then get them to do one night for you.

Ang, with the reading id say stick at it,are you reading short stories as i did with riley and he soon learnt that by the time i had finished the 2nd one it wa sleep time. His since gone up to 4 short bed time stories. The other big bonus if if you can find a different activity for them that will tire them out a little. Does your daughter go to nusery yet?