Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

screaming in the night HELP PLEASE!!

Hi

My youngest daughter is 15 months old and up till now has slept through the night without any problems, but this past week she has been waking up about 1am screaming like mad nothing will settle her. I've change her nappy given her milk she falls asleep in my arms but the moment she senses shes being put back in her cot she wakes and screams.

Its a really loud high pitched scream and cries until shes picked up. She shares a room with her sister who is 3. I'm so tired and drained because shes miserable in the day as well which is unlike her. I saw the gp last week because i thought she had a milk intolerance.

Any idea what could be causing this I'm at my wits end

Please help :?

Replies

• Options
    we are currently having this and have been told it may be behavior related, LO has just learnt to walk independantly and apparently this is associated with clingyness and unsettledness, i do hope it is a phase as i am also expecting and the sleepless nights are not doing me any favours! we are resorting to cosleeping again as i just cant manage the whole night of back to bed x

edited to say he is also teething too, hass she got her back teeth yet?
  • Options
    Yeah she has got some of her back teeth. She started walking about two months ago.

She also very clingy as well maybe it is behaviour related as you say.

Lets hope we both get a peaceful nights sleep x
  • Options
    Gabe is doing something similar. He is 17 months old and has started suddenly sitting up in bed in the middle of the night and crying very loudly. Half the time he isn't actually awake so I think he is suffering from night terrors.

He has also started getting out bed (yes, the side of his cot bed has been removed) and coming into our room. The strange thing is that the minute he is put back to bed he is asleep so we are wondering if he is actually sleep walking? Can they sleep walk at 17 months? He doesn't want milk or a cuddle!

Either way, we are now taking it in turns to sleep in his room to try and let him know that all is okay and that he doesn't need to get out of bed. We are both knackered but are hoping that this is just a stage that we need to ride out.

One other thing I am thinking of changing is actually his bed. Gabe is quite tall and heavy for his age and I am wondering whether his mattress is too hard and uncomfortable for him. We are going to experiment and put him in a proper single bed this week to see if it helps! :roll:

C.x
  • Options
    we got a new matteress on sunday and its certainly helped,