Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Nappy problems...leaking daily!

Been having a problem with Riley's nappies leaking for a while now. We've been using Asda's Little Angels for ages, the pull ups in the day and the comfort dry (or something like that) at night. We were using 4+ and he started leaking almost daily so thought I'd try size 5's Anyway, they've been leaking the same if not more now. I think they're too big for him so they don't fit properly around the legs so it leaks out the sides, but any smaller and they get too full. Saying that they're still really full when they leak out the sides. Twice today he has leaked all over his vest and trousers, after only a couple hours of being changed.

He does drink a lot so he wee's a lot, but I don't think he drinks an abnormal amount (although I've never actually counted up in a day how much he's drunk).

Has anyone else experienced this, I'm not sure whether I should be changing nappy brands or whether it's to do with how much he drinks and wee's? x

Replies

• Options
    The only thing i was going to suggest was to change sizes, but as you've done that im not sure.

My LO was leaking every night in size 4s and whilst he wasnt ready for size 5s based on the weight, we changed anyway. This has stopped the problem completely. We use pampers though so not sure if that helps!! He is now only just in the weight bracket and i often think should we go back to 4s, but i couldnt take the risk!!

Hope you find some answers hun x
  • Options
    Hi, we have this problem with huggies, literally every nappy leaked onto his vest, I have gone back to pampers and never get leaks now. I think it's because the huggies seem slightly bigger and there was a bit of a gap around the top of his legs. Maybe if I'd have used a smaller size theyd have been better! I think it's a bit of trial and error as they all fit a bit differently! X
  • Options
    hi, our ds's are the same age i think, and we've had this problem (only at night) for a month or so now...just andomly started leaking in the night, every night...we've now tried sevral different brands at night and all are doing the same thing, and all are full to the brim... so we've had to resort to changing him just before we go to bed now as otherwise he'll wake up wet in the middle of the night...he doesn't wake when we change him, stirs a little bit, leave him in the cot to do it, so it's nnot disturbing his sleep..he also doesn't drink an excessive amount, so don't know why it suddenly started....don't have the problem during the day though (we use pull ups in day too, but nappy nappies at night)... sorry not much help x
  • Options
    Yes it never happens at night as I always change him just before he goes to bed, it's just in the day. I will probably try pampers and see if they are better for him, and just make sure I check him every hour to see if he needs changing. x
  • Options
    my son does this at night and i use huggies at night as i found them the best. also make sure he doesnt drink an hour before bed. also someone told me when chnaging boys to make sure his little man is facing down! he doesnt leak in day unless we go out and he naps and i may cahnge him later than ideal.but i havent found any brnad in day matters to much. he is 2 and wears size 5 huggies and 5+ in other brands
  • Options
    I've tried him with pampers size 4 pull ups today and he hasn't leaked yet! I have been keeping an eye on them more as well but don't think he's been changed anymore than usual. So hopefully no more leaks! x