Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

anyone's toddler wonbt eat veg!

my son used to eat most veg when feed,but as self feeding now-he wont! he used to eat peas at least but wont touch them now. he does eat fruit,grapes,apples,pears,apricots,raisins mainly. not sure what veg may go down well, he hates wet textures, and likes really solid chrunchy textures. i have tried carrotts,but no luck there, even just part boiling them!

Replies

• Options
    Have you tried hiding themin foods he does like? Bolognese, lasagne, pizza, anything with a tomato sauce is super-easy to hide extra veg in, even if you puree it into the tomato sauce itself. Also,if he likes crunchy things, how does he do with lettuce, cucumber, sugar snap peas and baby sweetcorn in salad? I tend to chuck some in a wrap for ds, he doesn't ever eat the entire lot, but he polishes off a lot of it without even realising! HTH x
  • Options
    yea i can hide in some things ,like sandwhiches which i do try. he doesnt like veg raw i have tried all chrunchy veg too
  • Options
    Mine won't and never has really!

She will sometimes eat a bit of sweetcorn (like 5 pieces!) and will eat mushrooms, tomatoes and cucumber but won't consider even trying anything else. Drives me crazy.

I sneak veg in though. I made meatloaf yesterday with grated carrot in which she ate (much to my surprise!) and there are a couple of pasta sauces she will eat that I hide veg in.

Tesco do hashbrowns with veg in and she will eat those, and Asda do waffles with 11% carrot puree in which she loves. I also make cheesy veg nuggets she will eat a little of.

• Options
    you have given me an idea! i may try vegtable fingers? you no the ones that look like fish fingers? hmmm. and i will try the veg hash browns too. my hubbie doenst like veg and never did so i guess im not suprised. although my son will eat advocado mash in with cheese in a sandwhich
  • Options
    we have had a small success hiding food although hes a tinker for finding it and chucking on the floor, we give DS a smoothie everyday so at least hes getting some fruit and veg seems to love those!
  • Options
    I tried LO with those veg fingers ages ago but they were too crunchy for her to cope with back then. But I wonder whether they might be worth another try now she has teeth. Hmmm...

I actually quite like them anyway so won't hurt to buy some!

• Options
    yeah me too! he wouldnt drink a smoothie, he only drinks water or milk! lil monkies!!! i hope his sister isnt as fussy!