Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Shoes for small feet

Hi everyone

My DS is 15 months old and a good walker, however he appears to have small feet (3.5 G) and I am struggling to find decent shoes for him (he is stil in cruisers). Clarks and start-rite only do walkers in size 4 and up.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I am getting desperate.

Thanks

Kay

Replies

• Options
    At 15 months Abby was only a size 2 (she's only a size 5 now at 30 months). She was running about in cruisers for months. I even went to Clarks once and got told that I was ruining her feet by not putting her in proper walking shoes. When I asked to see their range they didn't have anything in her size!! :x Anyway I found a lovely local shop in Marlow (where are you based?) that did small shoes but I struggled for ages. Basically most sizes can be bought online but of course you can't try first. I would expect Mothercare to have some shoes in a size 3.5 if you have a good one near you.

H xx
  • Options
    my daughter is a 3g and we have proper shoes - last pair were startrite this pair are clarkes - got mine at John Lewis - hope that helps

http://www.startriteshoes.com/boys/first-walking-shoes?navsize=429 this may help
  • Options
    Lizzie had walking shoes in a size 3 from clarks. there were only the choice of 2 styles but they did have them as she was proper walking at 10 months.

brantanos do small shoes too x
  • Options
    We have the same problem. Emilia is a 3.5F. managed to get her a couple of pairs from clarks but really struggle for sandles or trainers.

Zara do shoes starting at a 3 and go up in .5 sizes but they dont do width fittings.

I think Clarks should get thier act together and start doing all thier walker shoes from a 3!
  • Options
    My son's first walkers were 3.5G from Clarks - there was literally no choice, they did one pair, and I had to phone round about 10 stores to find them in stock (out of stock online too!) - but they do exist:

http://www.clarks.co.uk/find/department-is-kids/gender-is-boys/size-is-_3bdinfant/product-is-20342822

These aren't the one's ds had, his were 2 years ago.

Girls shoes in Clarks start at smaller sizes! We had the same problem when we took him for cruisers, he was a 2.5 and they start at a 3, but there were some girls styles in a 2!
  • Options
    debenhams have solid soled converse in a 2, not fitted but its the only place I'd seen them, as had been told they didn't exist.Lo isn't walking yet but he's not even a 2 yet and not far off!