Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Schools

My son is only 13 months but when I was talking to a friend recently she said I should put him on the list for the school i want him to go to.

I had not even begun to think about schools yet. I will not be sending him to private school he will be going to a public one. I have no idea about how to enroll him in schools and catchment areas etc etc

Since her saying this I am starting to panick. Surely I am a long way from having to put his name down for schools :?

Replies

• Options
    where i live the schools no longer have waiting lists.you just pick a forum up from the school the year before you want them to start school/nursery school
  • Options
    my son is almost 3 and starts reception next year, in dorset we start applying late this year unless you want private, or she means pre schools, most good preschools have a waiting list.
  • Options
    Hi Sally I am in Dorset too so must be the same for us.

My son is already in nursery so will be going to pre school there.

I am so confused about the whole thing. By the sound of it i dont need to worry yet though.
  • Options
    i think they start the paperwork around sept when this year has started, i know the allocations for this year have only been out a few weeks, there was loads on net mums about it. which part of dorset are you.
  • Options
    Thank you, I have stopped panicking now :lol:

I am in Weymouth.