Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Stupid question about beakers lol :)

I'm confusing myself with this whole bottle to beaker and beaker to cup thing and am becoming slightly obsessed!!

Can you guys just tell me what you do or just confirm that what I'm doing is ok lol!

Lo is 15 months and has her water from a beaker and has recently started having her water from the beaker without the lid on, so basically a cup. I'm pretty sure that's all good, it's the milk I'm concerned about!

With her milk I've managed to get her from bottles to a bottle with a soft pointy spout, a bottle to beaker bottle I think it's called? Now I'm stuck, what comes next? She absolutely will not have a beaker for her milk, so, I bought some bottles that are like sports drink bottles, they have a strange square small little spout?

Is that ok or am I going backwards towards bottles with this sports bottle as it has no handles or anything?

I'm confused image Please stop me being so daft lol image

Replies

• Options
    Can I ask how many bottles a day your lo is having? Our son is also 15 months and only has one milk a day now, still in a tommee tippee bottle! And he loves it.

Is there a reason you are trying to switch from a bottle?

It sounds like your lo is doing pretty well with a water cup so knows that's the norm.

My parents let me have my evening milk in a bottle until I was 3 and I have perfect teeth (if that's what you are worrying about). So I am planning on doing the same until my son decides he has had enough of the bottle.

• Options
    Thanks for your reply image

Yup, I'm worried about this whole teeth thing, all the horror stories about your child's teeth rotting because they have their milk in the wrong type of bottle, insane I know! My lo has 3 6oz bottles a day, morning, afternoon and bedtime?

She associates her beakers with water and so doesn't like her milk from them? Although she is using s soft beaker spout for her milk.

I suppose I just want someone to say that I'm not harming my daughter, I don't like to force things you see, walking, talking, whatever I like her to do it in her own time but I was concerned that this might be a time to push her? But you say you were fine, lots of others must be so I'm just worrying over nothing lol! She will use a sports bottle so that's something!
  • Options
    we have cows milk morning and night in a soft teat beaker, not sure i am going to move onto anything else until hes good with a cup

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/productdisplayA_851_10751_-1_14646_109464_10001_61194

he will drink juice out of a hrd top beaker or cup well just fussy about milk x