Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Names for girls and boys bits!

My hubby & I have been talking about this recently & know we need to come up with names to use consistently between the 2 of us. My H has always referred to my daughters vagina as her tickley bits but I don't think that'll work for much longer, especially if he refers to his own bits as that & she decides to tickle him there! I know as soon as our baby boy is born she'll be asking what it is that he's got. 

I was discussing this with a friend a few days ago & they've gone with winkie & foufou but foufou is a bit of a pet like name. Was thinking of willy for a boy but I'm not sure about a girl? Maybe just go with vagina???

What names have you used, thanks?

Replies

• Options

Can't help with the girls bits but we use 'willy' for F.

• Options

We use willy for boy bits....we haven't got a name for girls bits but when I was little it used to be  "minnie"

• Options

George has a willy and Elsa has a mimi. I used to call it a mimi (rhymes with mini), maybe because I couldn't say mini?! It has stuck anyway!

• Options

Winky woo for my boy. Not sure why I added on the woo bit but it's stuck. Id never refer to a girls bits as her vagina, just doesn't sit comfortably with me at all but if you did use that then I think for a boy you should use penis and use the correct technology for both.

• Options

We call them willy for the boys and bits for girls, I'm sure that the names will get a bit more technical and specific in the future but those seem to be working for now. Back bits are just bums for everyone.

• Options

We can't use willy as that's Ws uncles name. I think we'll be using Jimmy for Ws bits. Not sure what for a girl though as we've not needed to, but I think We'd use something like foof or a floral name maybe.

• Options

Thanks ladies, the boys bits seem so much easier! I've still to find a name I like for the girls bits! Vagina does seem a bit grown up. I can't remember what word we used as kids. Life is just so complicated.

• Options
    We use willy, lady bits and bottom
  • Options

I have found myself saying mini.  I kind of want to use peenie and veenie, because it makes me laugh....

• Options

Widgy for boy bits (I think this is a mancunian thing as it seems everyone refers to it as that as children, I previously thought it was just mil but at school all the boys call it widgy), no idea re girls bits at all, I called it flower as a little girl but won't be using that. Maybe just private parts or girls bits or something???? No idea lol.

L (5) calls his testicles his nuggets Weep this was picked up at school where he kept referring to baubles and nuggets but then decided he'd call them nuggets Weep

• Options

Willy and Minnie usually. Tho MIL in refers to SD's bits as little lady, but she's 11 now and has periods so maybe its time to use the correct term!

• Options
    P has recently noticed G is different to her in the bath, took her awhile mind you! We use willy and girl bits. I hate pet names for them (probably the biology teacher in me!) but there doesn't seem an age appropriate but proper-ish name for girls. Working well so far.
  • Options

Thanks everyone for your input. AR, I think you & I are similar in that way, it's strange that there isn't a common name for girls bits!!

• Options

O asked me what L's bits were and I just said 'noo noo' as I hadn't thought of it before and the name has now stuck. For boys, it's winky.

• Options

We say willy/winky but no idea what we'd call girl bits, I can't remember what I said when I was little. For some reason, I don't like 'mini'!

• Options

We used to use fairy for girl bits when we were little.