Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Shoes ... baby ones

R is 9 months & has just started walking ... she has teeny feet. I've never really bothered with shoes as she just takes her socks & shoes off as soon as she gets the chance & tries her hardest to pull her tights off.

I tried to see if she was able to get shoes in clarks but they measured her & said she's not even a 1.5 yet.

I know she won't be walking around all the time but if we go somewhere she wants to get out & have a little wander around.

My question is did you bother with shoes when your little one had just started walking & if you did were they actual first walking shoes or did they manage with the shoes sold in ranges of months? Or does anyone know where I can get small first walkers? Thanks

Replies

• Options

I didn't bother with proper shoes until they'd been walking for about 6 weeks but they did have cruisers beforehand.  Pediped do nice shoes with soft soles but they're a bit thicker so they can walk outside in them ok.

• Options

Thanks Alaina I think I will go with the no shoes for now but will have a look at pediped for some once R is confident in her walking