Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bloody stool

Hello,

Ever since my son was born I have always been concerned about his bowels. I though babies pooped,fed,sleep repeat! My son would have juat one poo a week and would scream in pain. I was always told "your young and a first time Mum" which really irritated and still does irritate me.

Finslly after nearly three years my son was prescribed medication to help him go. He didn't like it and refused every single time I tried getting him to take it. He is a fussy eater so I have to hide he food in his dinner. My mother in law sneaks treats in all the time and I know she does it. Because my son tells me. I've pulled her up on it yet again and she has acruslly stopped. Ever since she topped, my son has been able to have more frequest bowel movements with no fuss. Sometimes he will have to really push until he goes purple in the face but it is so much better than before.

Getting to the point... Tonight my son had a bowel movement and I thought "what's that red fluff doing on your bum cheek" and as I wiped it, I realised it was blood. I then inspected his nappy and there was more blood. The odd thing is, it was in his poo and not just around. I am worrying. He's asleep, my partners asleep and I'm here googling away panicking.

My son had a blood test done less than a week a go for a completely different matter. He keeps getting what looks like chicken pox but it isn't chicken pox, rashes and swollen lymph nodes. His result came back 'normal' so I assume if there was anything seriously wrong, it would have picked it up in the blood test right?

And yes I am a young first time Mum and I am concerned as I would be if I was a older NOT first time Mum.

Should I have called 111 ASAP, should I call them tomorrow, should I not call at all? :/

Thanks in advance. Any advice or comments welcomed.