Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Sudden sleep problems at 3

I really need help. I don’t know what to do anymore.

My little boy is 3 and from 1 and a half slept AMAZING!! He slept 7-7 every single night, no worries at all. Hed NEVER coslept and only ever slept in his own bed, even as a baby (with the exception of sleeping on us until he was 9 months old).

In november 2021 he got an ear infection and tonsillitis. He was extremely poorly and ended up sleeping in the spare room with me. A couple of weeks later he still wasn’t right and dr confirmed he had another ear infection. As soon as he recovered from all of this he got covid which he was very poorly with.

He now goes down but will not stay asleep, he wakes numerous amounts in the night, usually 2-3 hours after going down and then every 30-60 mins from midnight (he needs me to sit outside his door til he drops off). In the end I get in with him (he has a double bed) as I am so exhausted I just need sleep and I can also picture the next day with how awful hell he be as he’s so tired.

He then wakes between 5-5.30 and refuses to go back to sleep, no matter how tired he still is.

I do not know what to do! I’m so tired and it’s not starting to affect my mental health. I have NEVER had anything like this with him so it’s come as a huge shock and he’s so aware of everything now. He won’t ever let me talk him round.

Please help because I am so desperate. I just want my happy boy back and not a miserable one that is so tired he lashes out at people all day and has tantrums non stop.