Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Keeping teeth tip top!

With my kids I would brush their teeth with the toothpaste and let them brush their teeth while rinsing with water. This worked great with my eldest and youngest. But my middle one was a total pain this method worked until she was about 18 months old then she decided she wanted to do it all herself and everytime i tried to brush her teeth she would clamp her mouth shut and throw a tantrum, occasionally I would be able to do them but mostly she did them herself it was the only way they got done. It was only when she was 3 and after the dentist told her that she had to let mummy clean her teeth that she let me do them again. But after over a year of her teeth not being cleaned properly the damage was done and she had some erosion along the gum line on her 6 front top teeth and in the last year she has had 4 fillings in her baby teeth and a dental absess that needed 2 separate courses of antibiotics to clear it up.

Replies

• Options
    I tryed many toothpastes and finaly came across tescos own bubblegum flavour,along with giving riley the choice of funky kids tooth brushes.His got so good at it now his demanding to brush before i tell him to.
    My advice,giver her a choice of toothbrush,it worked for me.Emma.x