Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

DUMMY'S

My 3 year old still has her dummy but only at night. I took it off her during the day a few months ago. Every day when she gets dressed her dummy goes in the cupboard and only comes out once she has her pyjamas on.
I did it gradually, first the dummy was put away when she ate, then when we played games or read, then when we went out on the school run and during the day she just stopped asking for it.
I also swapped her cherry teat dummies which she loved for the ones with flattened teats which she's not keen on. She takes one to bed every night but she usually talks herself to sleep and when I go in once its quiet the dummy is usually amongst the cuddly toys on the bed.

Replies

• Options
    SORRY TO HEAR YOUR HAVING A TOUGH TIME,RILEY GAVE HIS UP AT 1HALF.I'VE HEARD SOME FRIENDS TELLING KIDS THAT THE DUMMY FAIRY NEED THEM FOR THE NEW BABIES OUT THERE AND THAT IF THEY GIVE IT UP THEY WILL BE LEFT A TREAT.IT WORKED FOR THEM.

GOOD LUCK HUN!
    EMMA.