Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Terrible two and 9mths!!

Feeling a bit fried with the sudden burst of development Joseph is going through, don't get me wrong, it is amazing to watch our little man learn new things everyday and be surprised at himself whenever he does something he didn't even know he could but the moods that go with this fab growth are HARD WORK!!

I'm exhausted, some days I wonder how we actually got through it!

He is really pushing the boundaries, in fact boundaries have developed that I didn't even realise existed, lots of answering back, which I find really hard as you end up answering him back which doesn't really set the example...

You know this 2 to 3 year toddler age is tough, a friend once said to me, when I was saying that another phase he went through was tough, it doesn't get easier it just gets different, I think I am starting to realise what she meant...

It is fantastic to see him becoming this bright, enthusiastic little boy though, just wish it was a little less testing

Takecare all

Love jd_mummy xxx

Replies

• Options
    Ethan's 2 1/2 and i know exactly how you feel!! He's at an amazing age in that he can now hold a conversation with us and is a loving little 'man'! But OMG the tantrums and defiance are horrendous he also wants constant attention not easy with a six minth old!
    Hope you're all doing well x
  • Options
    Hi all

the constant attention is tough isn't it... Joesph is an only child at the moment but we have a 13 week old puppy whom is grabbing lots of the limelight and time so Joseph reacts to that by negative behaviour when the dog is around so he definitely gets our attn, oh well, we'll get there in the end

Takecare love jd_mummy xxx