Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Thought I'd cracked it????

Changed the setting for the heating to come on at 4am because Jake kept waking at this time. For the last week he has slept all night till 6am. However, the last couple of days he's been waking at 5am and not going back to bed. He's usually in with me as I'm too tired to take hime back. I know this is wrong and should take him back but he just screams. Because he wakes so early he has started to have a nap around 12ish for 2 hours. It makes him better for the afternoon. If he doesn't have a nap then he's really sleepy at teatime and it's difficult to keep him awake. Any advice please?
lol. x

Replies

• Options
    Im just about to do my own post Marie, Im so tired, with Luka's night waking!! Tate has a nap everyday after an early lunch 12-2. It could just be that jake is an 'early waker. Thomas was until he was about 3 or 4 we started every day at 5am! X
  • Options
    The thought of starting at 5am is a nightmare. It's so exhausting! Hope he grows out of it. Jake woke again today at 4.30am, came into bed with me then we both did manage to get to sleep for a bit. Hope he sleeps better tonight!
    Hope you've managed to get some sleep.
    x
  • Options
    Luka woke as I was going to bed last night, so I thought right Im going to dose him up and feed him now. I gave him a little spoon of calprofen as he's got three teeth all coming at once, and he had a 7oz feed. He then slept til 6.30!!!! I was so chuffed, he hasn't done that since just after xmas. it was lovely!!! I bet he goes back to waking tonight though. Is Jake still having his nap? What time does he go to bed? Is there any difference if he doesn't nap or go to bed later??? It never made any difference to tate, what time he went to bed or how much sleep he had in day, he always wakes same time. Anything between 6.30 and 7am.
  • Options
    Hi Nicola
    Sometimes Jake does have a sleep. Although for a while he hasn't had one but this last 2 weeks almost everyday from 12.30 - 2.30pm He's much brighter for the rest of the day and is usually in bed between 7-7.30pm. Even if he went to bed later, he'd still wake early. He's been sick today though and was awake at 5.45am but slept all night in his bed. Glad you got a lie in. Hope you get a good night tonight. x
  • Options
    Tate sleeps the same times but just gets up a bit later, can be anything between 6 and 7.30am. I feel like anytime b4 6am is still night. Luka seems to be getting better I now noticed that he actually has four top teeth all coming through AT ONCE! No wonder he has been unsettled.