Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

1st trip to Dentist?

What age were your lo's when they first went to the dentist and did it go okay, or are you planning to go soon?

I have just registered Kady with my dentist (he's just over 2) and we are due to go for a check up soon although I'm not convinced he is going to be compliant and open his mouth on demand lol. I brush his teeth daily but he's not particularly keen so doubt he's going to be happy with some stranger trying to poke around in there. image

Any tips on making the whole experience any easier......pleeeeease?

Replies

• Options
    Why not take 1 of his fave toys along and ask the dentist to "check their teeth 1st" and make sure he see's you go in the chair 1st so that he knows its nothing to worry about.
    Vic x
  • Options
    Why not take 1 of his fave toys along and ask the dentist to "check their teeth 1st" and make sure he see's you go in the chair 1st so that he knows its nothing to worry about.
    Vic x
  • Options
    Good idea Vic! He has a dinosaur he loves which has tons of teeth lol!
    I'm not due a check up but am sure the dentist would pretend to do one on me heheh!

• Options
    Charlotte's 1st appointment was at 6 months, so she's had 2 so far in her short life!!

Our dentist lets you register them as soon as they are born so she goes when we go. She hasn't really let him look in her mouth but it gets her used to it. Our dentist is same age as me with 2 young boys as well so he's really good with her.

Last time we took a teddy and the dentist gave him a check up, so we'll do this next time too!!
  • Options
    Hay there i took my son when he was 2 he just sat in the big chair and looked inside his mouth we took rex his fav toy(dino) and our dentest said that rex doesnt wash his teeth properly :lol: It just gets LO used to going. My son will have to go every year now so he gets used to going.
  • Options
    Thanks girls, will definitely be taking some toys with us to be checked too ;\)

• Options
    i have just registered millie and shes 13months she has her first appointment in 3 weeks eek! she didnt get any teeth til 11months so there was no point in her going before then lol xxx