Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

New bed??

Hi everybody...

just a quick question if u dont mind, at what age did u put ur toddlers in a bed for the first time? shayla is still in a cot an is 18 months but she is so long she has almost outgrown it!!! did u also buy a new junior bed or put them straight in a single? im worried about her falling out!
If u havnt already moved ur LO into a bed yet- when were u planning to?
Thanks in advance 4 any help

Hannah xx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Hannah
    Poppy is nearly 17 months and still in her cot but I'm planning on moving her to her bed in a couple of months at best as her cot is a funny continental size so not very wide and she has so many bruises on her legs and arms from where she sticks them through the bars and they get stuck!
    I've bought her a little tikes country cottage bed as it's very low to the floor (and cute!) and I'm hoping it will make the transition easier as she's so young.
    You can get the protectors for the side of the bed to stop her falling out or have a look at the post to do with 'dream tubes' - they look great!
    xxx
  • Options
    hi hannah, chloe is 2 now we mover her at 20 months, we had wanted to do it sooner but had to wait till daddy found time to adjust the bed as it is a cot bed. its fab probably the same sort of size as the junior beds you buy in argos and ikea. chloe loves her bed and feels like a "big girl" now.xx
  • Options
    Kara is 16 months and I put her into a bed at the last month. She loves it. I put her into a double bed as I wanted her to have loads of room. She hated the cot because she couldn't move around. Since I have put her in the bed she sleeps sound and doesn't wake up. It was the best thing that i done. I just have bed guards up and also I padded the bottom of the bed.
  • Options
    Hi Hannah, Isaac is 21 months and he is still in a cot, I am not planning on moving him just yet because I know that when he goes in a bed he will just keep on getting out of it. I will probably do it when he is 2 as that is what I did with the others.
  • Options
    OK, Thank u for ur replies. I had a look at those dream tubes an they look really good so i might buy them as i already have a single bed i can put in her room. The cot she is in is actually a cot bed so i might take the sides down and see how she gets on with that for a month or so first.

Also, do u have stair gates up in thier door to stop them from coming out of their rooms or at the top of ur stairs because im worried once shayla starts getting out of bed she will go for a wonder..... she can open the doors now lol!!
  • Options
    hi hannah. we have a stair gate at the top of the stairs. chloe does get up now and again and wanders straight to our room but the stairs are directly along the hall from her room so i was scared she would stumble when she was tired.xx
  • Options
    hiya lewis went into his bed 2 nights ago, its a cotbed, am trying to persuade daddy to buy a digger bed from next lol
  • Options
    Hi Hannah,

Joshua is 21 months this month and we have just put a stair gate across his bedroom door in preparation for the big move! He's never tried to escape from his cot but I think he's ready. He moves down to the toddler room at nursery end of march and they sleep on little camp beds so Id like him to get used to a bed before then. He has a cot bed so we wont have to buy a new bed...alothough a digger bed sounds amazing Margaret x
  • Options
    Oh thanks all... i know i need to get a stairgate now as we were upstairs and shayla decided to give me a heart attack the other day when she ran towards the top of the stairs an only just stopped in time an i just grabbed her as she wobbled!!!!!!! SHES TOO BLOODY FAST FOR ME IM TOO UNFIT LOL!
    Thanks again xx