Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

when to try for nxt?????

hi ladies, i have a 19month old lil boy called brandon who is mad and neva still lol n keeps me on my toes all day but is a great sleeper, me and hubby r thinking about trying for another baby but r just woundering how if its very stressful cuz ive been told by a friend who has a toddler and newborn that its a nightmare so just wanted to know how other mummys who have toddlers and new borns get on with day to day life??
thanx for reading xx

Replies

• Options
    Yes it was busy, each of my three have two years between them.
    To be honest you just get on with it really, you find your own way of getting things done.
    Potty training for me was a little difficult with a baby and lo on the toilet every half hour!lol!! But having said that time has flown by and my youngest has just turned three.....and I miss having a baby...boohoo!
    If you want another lo GO FOR IT BABE xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Hi I've a 15 month old called George, and I'm now 29 weeks pregnant-there'll be an 18 month age difference. This pregnancy is much more tiring than the last, so goodness knows how I'll cope when the next little one comes along in March! I say go for it, we wanted our children close in age and I'm sure we'll cope! Ha! x
  • Options
    thanx alot ladies......i think we may just go for it as i dont want a really long age gap....its so exciting and scary at the same time....im sure i will cope im coping well with brandon n hes mad so surley another one wont make much difference lolxx
  • Options
    I know how you feel babe, my three are nutters lol.
    They NEVER stop. Their zest for life is amaizing, they will have a go at anything...dont get me wrong its great that they are so keen and all but Im shattered come 7oclock lol.
    Ha ha and I want to try for no'4 in the new year once we have moved house lol lol.
    Goodluck though hun
    xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    I've just had my 5th and it's non-stop in my house from 7am - 8pm........and even then we don't get much of a break right now as Nathan is only 5wks (today, gosh where did that 5 wks go?)!! I wouldn't have it any other way thou, and babs3 says, you will get to grips with a 2nd in your own way.........us mum's are very adaptable lol
  • Options
    I'm thinking of ttc in jan for my #2. Sonny is 19 months & (apart from being ill recently) is relatively easy. Great bedtime routine, no food issues, normal rambunctious toddler boy so a 2nd might be nice. Just got to stop changing my mind image
  • Options
    We have just started ttc number two this month. Neve will be one next week, I do worry a bit but as everyone says - us mummy's are very adaptable!
  • Options
    i have a 14month old and am 28+6 with number two so there will be a 17month gap i cant wait image but im sure if i'd had a bad sleeper i wouldnt be having another quite as soon lol if you feel ready for another go for it good luck image
  • Options
    i 2 keep changing my mind. I think the older macey gets (shes 16months) the more i keep thinking leaving it a bit but then i wake up the next morning and want another! i keep thinking about potty training and waiting till she goes to nursery but i have settled to start ttc in feb march time next year so she will be about 5-6 months off 3 years old and ready for nursery and stuff. I think if you are ready for it go for it we adapt somehow and will again when the next arrives xx
  • Options
    I have a 14 month old and am currently 23 weeks pg. There will be 18 months between my two. I can't wait, but like Lin said, if I had a bad sleeper I wouldn't be having another. Freya is a little angel most of the time.

Kerry, Freya and Bump
    X X X