Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

I think it's just me!

I have a beautiful little girl that I absoloutly adore.. She's 2 and since she was 9 months old her granny has been looking after her whilst I work.

Every now and again I get this overwhelming fear that she's going to be taken or something bads going to happen. I even had it today, I was nearly crying in the car.

Why do I feel like this? I can't go on thinking like this! Am I the only one??

I have people I know, who let anyone mind the children.. they don't worry about it at all.
Am I the only one who has this overwhelming fear??? I'm pregnant with our 2nd + I need to get over this before the next one's born in July.

I really would love to hear some support + that I'm not a nutty mother image

Replies

• Options
    Hi there, and congrats on your pregnancy!

You are most certainly not alone - I have those thoughts about my beautiful little girl too. I also felt the same level of anxiety about my 2 older boys - it is completely normal (I hope!) - but I agree with you that not everybody is the same:

I was in John Lewis today with dd. There was another mum with a little girl, perhaps 18ths-ish. The mum was just looking at all the shelves, and this baby girl was just wandering off down all the aisles! I don't let my lo out of sight in shops! I tell you, someone could have had that little girl away if they'd wanted! I just couldn't believe a mum would let their lo wander off like that!

Anyway, expect to feel even more protective during pregnancy - it's the hormones lol!

Sorry I've no more advice for you - but just remember these feelings are what nature intended for the survival of the species!

Mx

• Options
    Hi there, and congrats on your pregnancy!

You are most certainly not alone - I have those thoughts about my beautiful little girl too. I also felt the same level of anxiety about my 2 older boys - it is completely normal (I hope!) - but I agree with you that not everybody is the same:

I was in John Lewis today with dd. There was another mum with a little girl, perhaps 18ths-ish. The mum was just looking at all the shelves, and this baby girl was just wandering off down all the aisles! I don't let my lo out of sight in shops! I tell you, someone could have had that little girl away if they'd wanted! I just couldn't believe a mum would let their lo wander off like that!

Anyway, expect to feel even more protective during pregnancy - it's the hormones lol!

Sorry I've no more advice for you - but just remember these feelings are what nature intended for the survival of the species!

Mx

• Options
    Thanks Mims... I am so glad that I'm not the only one who feels this way. I think when you have this overwhelming love and happiness there's always a fear that it will all be taken away. I think it makes it worst when you see all these terrible stories on the news... And I couldn't agree with you more I constantly see toddlers walking around on there own... My daughter has to hold my hand if she's out of the pushchair... And I really appreciate your reply image made me feel abit better about myself x
  • Options
    Thanks Mims... I am so glad that I'm not the only one who feels this way. I think when you have this overwhelming love and happiness there's always a fear that it will all be taken away. I think it makes it worst when you see all these terrible stories on the news... And I couldn't agree with you more I constantly see toddlers walking around on there own... My daughter has to hold my hand if she's out of the pushchair... And I really appreciate your reply image made me feel abit better about myself x
  • Options