Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

bottle to breaker

HI My daughter is 12 and a half months old and she is completely off the bottle. She has a breaker that is 6months + and wont take her milk or water from anything else. She use to have her milk out of a training breaker (9months+) but it broke and we have so many other breakers didnt really want to go out and buy anymore. All the breakers we have now are 12months+ some with handles others without and she doesn't seem able to get anything out of them. I dont want to make a big deal over something little but just wondered how other parents get their kids drinking out of 12month+ breakers or is it just that shes not quite ready. She normally drinks 8oz of water a day and has 13oz of milk plus milk on her cereal and cheese.
any advise would be welcome

Replies

• Options
    What does she find difficult? Sorry, that sounds really sarcastic but its not. Can she not suck hard enough to draw the liquid through?

Liz x
  • Options
    Hi It seems to be that she cant suck hard enough to get anything else. All the beakers she is use to having have softer tops. we have tried her with the solid ones but she just bites them and will go all day without drinking. We have looked at new ones today and they are all the same as ones we have tried her one. I think we will just keep her having her milk out of favourate one and keep trying her with water out of new ones. I think she just might be going through a bit of a naughty stage (seeing how far she can push) she has started throwing food on floor, she has also bitten me a few times which just isn't like her.

Thanks for your reply. Any advise grateful.
  • Options
    have you tried cups with no valves? so the free flow cups