Forum home› Toddlers & older children› Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Strange...

my lo seems to put on an english accent to say hello, (we're scottish!) haha its funny! image anybody elses lo chop and change accents? X

Replies

• Options
    not at that stage yet hon, my lo is 19months next week so only just starting to talk. but I do wonder what his accent will be like as i'm from norfolk and my hubby has scouse accent.

I'd much prefer him to have a scouse accent than norfolk.............:roll:
  • Options
    I dont know what a norfolk accent sounds like, god im thick haha. Aw mines near 15months and just saying a few words but everything else she says sounds scottish, must hav got it off the tv... image
  • Options
    actually a norfolk accent sounds thick!! Everytime I hear someone on the local news they sound like right thickos!! I try my best not to speak too "norfolk" LOL

Maybe I can't distinguish shea's accent because its just english whereas its quite easy to tell difference between scottish and english (if you get my meaning)

What sort of thing is your lo saying? Shea can say mamma, dadda, baby, cat, all gone, oh god! oh dear, garden, more, again, bath, quack quack, and now starting to say something that sounds like one, two three.... but none of it is that clear, I suppose me and his dad only understand him, a stranger wouldn't

its just I was at a friends baby shower on Saturday and this mother was there who's got a girl the same age as mine and she can "apparantly" say
    I love you mummy / can I have some more juice / thats my tortoise / i'd like a bath mummy
    personnally I don't believe that a 19mth old can string sentences together like that but I could be wrong!!
    xx
  • Options
    Lol i hate scottish accents on the tv radio etc, just sound rotten. Yeah i know what you mean. Hmm in all honesty i wouldnt believe that, maybe she does but just sounds like showing off! Charlotte says hiya, but it always always comes in 3's , haha, ehm cat, doggy, duck duck duck and quack quack quack, maybe got a thing for repeating herself, also says birdy, justin to justin on cbeebies bt no mummy or daddy, obviously loves justin more, haha. She also says there she is, peekboo, hmm theres more but im rambling image
  • Options
    Funny subject, Isaac seems to have developed a cross between a scouse accent and a birmingham one he does sound funny and both me and hubby are from Cambridgeshire, although hubby does have a bit of a cockney accent at times.
  • Options
    Hehe bless, glad mine isnt the only one then! X
  • Options
    Sonny sounds like one of those 1930's radio presenters, very very posh, Mr chulmey-warner types. A bit like how the Queen sounds image Not sure where it comes from but he sounds really funny.
  • Options
    This is strange because Eve seems to be talking in a cockney accent!!
    She says things like "mummy wants a cupppaaa tea " and mind mummys waaaashing " when she is playing in the garden. !! :lol:

We are living in suffolk so understand what claire means as the Norfolk accent isn't too different I think ( we have only lived in suffolk 5 years so don't have suffolk accents) .I originally come from Hertforshire and Hubby from Newcaste ( but he has no accent now). :\?

I love littleys with scottish accents - so cute
  • Options
    Hehe bless them, image