Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

3 year old and new baby`

Hi all I have a three year old little girl and she has a 2 week old baby brother, basically I was just wondering how to teach her about not picking the baby up/poking him/being to rough. She wouldn't do it on purpose but she wants to copy me in what I do with him, which is very annoying lol, I know she's just being 3 but I really need to work out some kind of ideas, so any help would be appreciated! Thanks image

Replies

• Options
    has your 3 yr old got a doll/baby of her own to be mum to? I have a 25 month old and a 5 month old and I would say that it does pass after a while. Daniel at 1st wasn't bothered a lot all but after a month or so he just wouldn't leave the baby alone! We still have to be careful but I bought a large sized travel cot and it's been a godsend! It means that baby can have a play and roll about etc and sleep in peace & I can get with jobs without worrying whether daniel has sat on the baby again. :\) It's strange really as i was SO against play pens before as i just saw them as mini prisons! but as long as I dont put him in there all the time its ok.

xx
  • Options
    Yeah my dd has got two dolls with accesories and all sorts but they aren't as much fun because they don't wriggle lol! Its just irritating in a way that I can't put the baby down for 2 mins with her whilst I go make a feed etc etc, don't want to carry him around in a sling because then he'll just get too used to being carried all the time, the playpen idea sounds like a good one though will -definately- be trying that, wasn't something i'd thought of to be honest, and I have a travel cot from when my dd was little so yay no expense, thanks for the idea image