Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

My daughter has found her 'bits'!

Help!
My 13 1/2 month old daughter has recently found her 'bits' and wont leave them alone!
Nappy changes are hell, especially when she has had a poo, as it gets everywhere!
She is constantly trying to pull off her trousers to touch herself - and in public this is getting to be a problem!
I have tried distracting her, especially during changing, by offering her toys or her clean nappy tohold etc, but its like fighting a loosing battle.
Strange thing is it has only started in the last week, she was never bothered before!
Also, she bathes with me each night, as she won't go into the bath alone (has always screamed the place down!) - so she has now started to look for my 'bits' too!
Any suggestions?
:\?

Replies

• Options
    Hi i am having the same problem with my daughter who is 2 and a half. We have now fully potty trained her too but we take her to peoples houses and she just loves to be naked, she runs around home naked and is always playing with herself and she seems t go into a trance as she is doing it. I am still trying to find solid ways tos top her form doing it and been finding that she only listens when i tell her off and tell her its dirty. Or when her dad is here i do say oh boys in the room.

Apart from that I cant offer much more advice but know how you are feeling, porr daddy keeps getting really embarressed!!

xx
  • Options
    hi my girl who is 3 has only started doing this, and it worried me at first but people keep saying its normal, its whenever she is almost in bath or just has pants on she does it, i was giving her into trouble at first, i think cause i didnt know how to react, but now i just try to distract her.i just try to not have her naked or just in pants for very long. im sure its just a phase and itl pass.
  • Options
    Thanks Ladies!