Forum home Toddlers & older children Toddler
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Terrible twos????

I think Im gonna go crazy or pass out - due to lack of sleep. I sat in the bedroom with Isaac for 45 mins last night while he fell asleep which is alot better than what it has previously been. I used to have to bring him down coz the screaming woke the other 2 up, which, I know has made things worse. He will be in bed for a few hours and I know he''ll wake up screaming to get in bed with me, which I do because yet again his screaming will wake the other two up. Having him in my bed means I cant sleep properly coz hes a lil fidget bum and hes having broken sleep too as I still get up to my 6 months old 2 times a night.

A few months back (before the baby) we done controlled crying and put in place a strong routine with him and it worked after a few weeks of doing it but this past week or so it has all gone to pot and I am completely and utterly exhusted having a nights sleep like that then looking after the boys the next day.

Also he has got really bad for not listening to us. if we say Isaac dont do that he'll do it and look at you while hes doing it. He has got spiteful with J and is also refusing to eat at dinner time. Isaac will be 2 on Jan 6th.

Just writing this down has made me realise how much im failing him as a mum. Its as if these past couple of weeks hes a different child and I dont know what to do.

Dont know whether im writing this for advice or just to offload but thanks ladies xx

Replies

• Options
    your not failing as a mum hun! my daughter who is 2 and a half is going through the same thing. but hers has been going on for months as her's is coming in stages!!

your isaac seems to be getting it all at once which can be a good thing but could be bad because of you not sleeping at night!

im just hoping the not sleeping much at night and falling to sleep by them self will be sorted out soon because i feel like a zombie and i bet you do to!!

if you want to talk just let me know and i will be there for you!!

becki.xx
  • Options
    Awh hun, you are definately not failing him, he is just being a horrible two year old! We are lucky that unless Millie is ill she has always been a good sleeper, but she can be a monster in the day! (She is whining in my ear as we speak as I won't play snap with her, right this minute :roll: ) She also ignores you if she doesn't like what you are saying, and then carries on whilst grinning at you. I have days where I am about ready to sell her by the time bed time rolls round. Am I right in thinking that J and Issac share a room? Could you maybe let J camp on the lounge floor, or in your room, for a few nights while you get tough with Issac? My two seem to be able to sleep through each others screaming as long as they aren't in the same room.
    Does Issac still sleep in the day? Could he maybe be getting over tired by tea time and that's why he won't eat and isn't settling well at night? Don't know what else to suggest hun but you know where I am if you need to talk.
    xx